The humble egg is a major player in everything from breakfast scrambles to Nicoise salad, to a delicious and savory quiche. We’ve selected a dozen of our family’s favorite egg recipes to share with our members to offer a little egg inspiration in the kitchen.
1) THE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGHard-boiled eggs can be tricky. If you cook them too long, the yolk turns green. An overcooked yolk is like overcooked asparagus -- nobody wants that! If you don't cook your eggs long enough, then you get a soft-boiled egg (which is delicious, except for when you're aiming for a hard-boiled egg). Our technique results in a perfect hard-boiled egg, every time. Click here for the recipe.
2) GREEN GARLIC SCRAMBLED EGG TOASTGreen garlic is a lot milder than garlic, so it's a perfect choice to go in scrambled eggs because the garlic flavor isn't strong. Click here for the recipe.
3) SPICY KALE SALAD WITH MISO-MUSHROOM OMELETThis meal is quick to make, light, and yet satisfying (especially with a hunk of bread). The omelet turns it into a single-serving meal. Click here for the recipe.
4) NICOISE SALADNicoise salad is so easy to make and you can switch up the ingredients for what’s in season. This salad is great on its own, but you can add tuna or salmon and serve as dinner. Click here for the recipe.
5) KALE AND POTATO BREAKFAST HASHThis breakfast hash is easy to make and looks so pretty, it's sure to wow any brunch guests. Click here for the recipe.
6) CALIFORNIA RAMENThis soul-satisfying dish is deliciously brothy, chock full of flavorful veggies and has the perfect little kick of heat from the Sriracha! The recipe may have many steps, but this labor of love is well worth the effort! Click here for the recipe.
7) PAD THAI WITH GREEN GARLIC AND ASPARAGUSWe couldn't believe how delicious this pad thai turned out and the green garlic flavor is the star of the show. The asparagus is a fun and nutritious addition. Click here for the recipe.
8) AVOCADO DEVILED EGGSYou won't even miss the mayo in this tasty twist on the traditional deviled egg. The creaminess of the avocado and the refreshing taste of lime make this dish unforgettable. Click here for the recipe.
9) ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI AND POTATO SKILLET QUICHEThis easy quiche goes from your oven to the table. It’s full of healthy veggies and is perfect for a rainy day. Click here for the recipe.
10) RADISH SALAD WITH APPLE, AVOCADO AND EGGNot sure what to do with radishes? This salad is perfectly balanced due to the crunch of the radishes and apple, the creaminess of the avocado and the delicious dressing. Click here for the recipe.
11) EGG BHURJIScrambled eggs are a classic American breakfast dish, but there are many flavor-packed versions worldwide that we also like. We both adore the bright flavors of India and this Indian take on scrambled eggs. The bold spices are addictive and are perfectly complemented by a finish of fragrant cilantro. Serve the eggs with grilled naan for a hearty breakfast. Click here for the recipe.
12) EGG SALAD SANDWICHThis egg salad sandwich is filling and delicious. It would also be good in a lettuce wrap, if desired. Click here for the recipe.
How To Add Eggs To Your Delivery: CSA members - head on over to our online Farm Stand Market to customize your upcoming delivery. On the second page of customizations, you’ll find our egg selection. The Market is open from noon on Thursday until 10 am, 2 days before your scheduled delivery day. After you confirm your produce items, click the orange button "Confirm and Continue To Other Farm Products" to add the products to your delivery.
Not part of our farm family? Find out if we deliver to your neighborhood.